Tuesday, August 3, 2010

From the road...

We have so much to talk about, and so little time. I would like to say that we have had a good excuse for the lack of blog posting we have been doing. The heat? The phase of the moon perhaps? Actually the past few days we have been traveling with Catherine's family up to the cooler mountains of Colorado. We had to escape the broiling sun and the crazies (another blog). But the thing is, Catherine's parents drive slow, want to stop early and take advantage of every early bird special they can find. We have been on this trip now for three days and we just now made it into Colorado.

While on the trip we have been taking a lot of pictures from the road. Mainly of the neat landscape we see, a tumbleweed or two, a camel, and a cool RV Resort sign. Once we get settled in to our hotel tonight (we only have three more hours of driving + the speed of two slow drivers = we should get to our hotel some time mid-March.) I will try to let you in on the beautiful sights we have been seeing while on our trip.

Also, you may already know this but two nights ago Catherine started an Our Little Ranch Photography fan page on Facebook. We were a little hesitant to start this because we thought "What if we only get 25 friends?" We now have 452 people! Does that seem like insanity to anyone else. We are floored with the popularity of our work and all the kind words that people have been saying. So if you are not a fan of us on Facebook, please do so. You can just search for "Our Little Ranch Photography" and it will take you to our page.

I am about to get in the shower (TMI?) and then drag Catherine and Wilma to the car so we can go get with the slow drivers and try to spur them along. Until I can get the pictures from our trip up, I will leave you with my most recent favorite picture.

This is Ky Yackel from the Yackel family shoot that we did before we left. I will post the rest of the pictures later, but I cannot get over that I am the one that took this picture. I mean I feel like I really accomplished something when I look at this shot!

Yackel-Family-07

Ok got to go, Wilma is carrying my shoes down the hallway at the hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment