Sunday, July 11, 2010

Sunday Night Meal Idea!

So it is 9:42 and we need to leave in 18 minutes to be to church on time. Catherine is designing ads and I am doing a couple of things.

1) I am trying to get the wrinkles out of my shirt to wear to church. I put it into the dryer with a wet towel. I got that brilliant idea from the infomercial that had the ball you fill with water and throw in the dryer. Who knows if this will work.

2) I am cooking a cinnamon crumble cake for breakfast. It will be done in 5 minutes. Not sure if this leaves me enough time to properly butter the cake, get dressed, and get to church on time.

3) Writing this blog.

4) Wondering if I have my priorities right?

Anywho, if anyone does their grocery shopping on Sunday here is a wonderful side dish idea for you. And if you have leftovers it can turn into a completely different dish!

Ok so here it is. Drumroll por favor!

ROASTED VEGETABLES

vacation-bible-school-148

I know I said if you are going grocery shopping today, but actually you can just use what you have. Here's what cha do:

1) chunk up veggies into similar size pieces, here I used turnips, sweet and normal potatoes, zucchini, squash, small onions, carrots, and a few mushrooms.

2) mix vegetables pieces with some oil and salt.

3) pour them onto a baking sheet.

4) preheat oven to 375 - actually this should be #1, oh well.

5) cook for about 45 minutes, until they are browned. I should have let mine go a little longer.

6) serve and enjoy.

If you have leftovers, you can make another wonderful and SUPER SIMPLE dish. But I cannot tell you about that now, because the timer on the oven went off, and if we do not leave in the next 2 nanoseconds we will be late to church again.

I will tell you more this evening.

Peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment